Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas season. :)

Since it's been awhile since my last update I figure I should give a brief update. I have moved home from Alaska and am preparing to go overseas to teach in a few months. As the dream becomes closer to reality it gets more and more exciting. I have received all my official invitations and now have the paperwork to start the visa process.

It has been very nice to be home for all of the Christmas preparations and the flurry of activities. It has been many years since I have been able to participate in and attend certain Christmas activities.

We will most certainly be having a beautiful white Christmas this year. We have been blasted with cold snowy weather. The few inches of snow we received last night were light, fluffy and sparkle and shimmer in the sunlight or moonlight. It will be a beautiful Christmas. I think I will miss the snow for Christmas next year.

I found this song and thought I'd post it to remind people of the reason for the season, the author is unknown...

It’s not the biggest teddy bear Sitting in the window there,
It’s not the chubby baby doll, A wind-up toy or basketball.
It’s not the latest, greatest thingThat Santa Claus will ever bring,
But still, it’s the greatest Gift of all.
It’s not a fancy shirt to wear,

A shiny diamond solitaire,A silken tie, a suit of tweed—The silly things we think we need.
The greatest Gift to come our wayWas sent by God on Christmas Day.
Jesus is the greatest Gift of all!

When He came down to earth,
It was a lowly birth,
But soon the world would sing,“Behold the King of Kings!”
And when He died for me,
He gave unselfishlyThe greatest Gift of all!

It’s not the greeting cards we write,
A choir singing “Silent Night,”Snowflakes on the windowpane,
Stockings filled with candy canes.
The greatest Gift God gave to man:A baby Boy in Bethlehem!
Jesus is the greatest Gift of all,Jesus is the greatest Gift of all!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: