Monday, December 21, 2009

Beautiful star lamp

So,
The other day I went to the "mall" with my friend who was in town for the day.  We used a school car and this was my first real driving experience in Dar. :) Who-hoo!! I survived traffic day one :)
Whilst at the mall I saw this beautiful paper star shaped lamp, I've looked at it two other times but decided against it, this particular day I decided.."that lamp would be nice to have, it would have a soft glow that my flourescent lights don't provide"  I told the man behind the counter I wanted the red star lamp (which turns out it is BRIGHT pink).

I paid for the lamp and we went on our way, headed for home.  When I got home I took my lamp out prepared to plug it in however there was a slight problem...the cord had no plug, just a wire.  I said "what is this?" I have since learned that this is how they sell these lamps, none of the chords have a plug...who would think they would have to buy a plug to wire onto the cord before being able to use their lamp??  I guess I have learned yet again never to assume, and Africa wins again!

Thankfully one of the hs boys next door came over with an old chord and he put the plug on for me. :) Yay!! it's great to have nice neighbors.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: