Saturday, September 29, 2007

Long over due...

Thanks Kat and Iain :)
As you have probably noticed this post is overdue.

Since I last updated...I had a birthday. Many thanks to all who sent birthday greetings; I was truly blessed. :) The night before my birthday two sneaky people were in my classroom decorating--Thanks Kat and Iain it was a fun surprise. Maat and Sylvia baked a cake and made jello; Maat had the kids sing. Ehab was the first to greet me "happy birthday" :) Jacki called and we talked for nearly 2 1/2 hours it was wonderful to catch up on the happenings in their lives.

Some of my girls and I bake each Friday as a part of their class. This is what we made on my birthday...emmm...YUMMY!!! Good "Cooker-errrrrrrrrrs" ;)

The weather continues to grow cooler by the day; I'm eagerly awaiting snowfall :):)
As Kat and I go out walking in the morning it is now pitch black and a flashlight comes in very handy. This morning was frosty and though a bit slippery it was so beautiful!! I love being able to be outside. The rain has ceased, and we've had flurries on two occassions.

A sunrise Kat and I saw on one of our walks about a month ago


The workload is steadily picking up; I am getting to the point where I'm swimming in paperwork. I work for awhile in the room after school but like to bring the work home, I find late nights and early mornings very productive. Nearly everyday after work I have meetings and visitors this month.

I've found time for me this year as well :) :) I've been doing some more reading; a novelty I've missed over the past few years. I am making great progress in my scrapbook. I did a few pages at a girls get together on Friday and did an several pages Sat. night--all pictures of this summer.

I've been fighting mice :P :P I really detest the dirty little buggers. I have figured out where they are coming in and disenfect everything at least once daily. Brings back memories of all the things they ruined at home growing up!!! I have ordered a natural mouse deterrant that should be in the mail any day :) and have set up a trap (though my sink/dishwater seems to be the most effective trap) I've also tried putting peppermint oil on the counter tops and in the bottom of the garbage can.

More Birthday decorations/my classroom

I think that's about all, time to wrap up this post. Hope all of you are doing well and staying healthy.

My classroom--the little things on the doors that I made to help with number recognition

Enjoy the rest of your week and have a nice weekend :)

1 comment:

David M. Miller said...

Hi Marie!

I know it has been ages since you posted there, but do you happen to remember getting a message from the LKSD Office of the Comptroller when you were in Tunt? Hope your adventures after Tunt have been marvelous. Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

David Miller