Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday :)

When I woke up this morning and peeked outside the sky was breathtaking--there was a haze across the village and hues of pink and blue were poking through. Pictures can't begin to do the beauty of a sunrise or sunset justice. The temperatures have been warm today and it rotates from cloudy to sunny.

Upon arrival at school I was greeted with a chipper "Hi Marie" from one of my little gems. This is a common greeting however this morning, this student had a very blue mouth, black fingers and dark blue spots on her sweatshirt...(hmmm, what do you suppose she got in to now?? :)...a bit later I noticed the bulging pockets. With a little prodding she removed handful after handful of tundra blackberries from her pockets. I notified her mom later in the school day; her mom said I could keep the berries and make a pie or something with them.

Berries have been very abundant...salmon berry season is almost over and the blackberries are just coming out. One of my staff members had over 35 gal. of salmon berries. I am going to use some of the strawberries I picked when I was home to make a strawberry pie for some of the staff in exchange for something with salmon berries.

One week of school has come and gone, today we had our first Friday staff meeting. We tested out the new smart board (very nice) had training on the teacher evaluation system which has changed a little bit since last year; they also added a new packet for special ed teachers to be evaluated on. This is nice for us as it is more appropriate for assessing what we actually do. Amongst other things Frank has done a lot of work to make things more organized and easier for the staff; we have a principal interm this year which is also nice.

Should get going...Nick has volunteered to help out with a project once again. Rocky went under the house the other day, and cut my cable for the TV in half. Nick called and asked if he could fix it, again I am blessed with great co-workers. :)


Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it back safely!! Fun to see the new pictures, and glad to hear Rocky adjusted well. I'm sure he's glad to be out of the MN summer temperatures!

it was good to have the time with you when you were back... wish we could do it more often.