Monday, February 12, 2007

News

What do I have for news...hmmmm???

To start with, Kat and Iain had a beautiful wedding, the weather changed from frigid to sunny and beautiful and the day was perfect....Again CONGRATS!

The most exciting news that I have is that I HAVE WATER!!!---yes again, I went a few weeks with no water; let me add it makes things more interesting when you have the stomach flu and no running water...YUCK!

The weather here has been warm, around 32F/0 C however it has also brought on a surge of rain (great for the water tanks :) and many days we've had no planes due to wind, freezing rain etc.

One afternoon I saw a new person arrive, wondered who in the world this qassaq man was....the next day upon arrival at work I discoverd the staff room rennovated into a dentist office, complete with dental chair, and all things you see in a dentist office..The dentist took up residence in our workroom for about two weeks.

Throughout part of this time the water treatment building people were here, working from 7 am to 9 pm. making constant noise. This also meant water in the school was turned off for a weekend and a few weekdays after school. Hopefully the new water treatment center will be up and running with decent water by May. :)

As for me, my work load is gradually picking up speed. I am taking two classes and find the subject matter interesting (most times). I am working on getting my teaching license renewed for next year. I am certain about staying in Tunt. for another year, and beyond that....only God knows. I've had some opportunities and information sent to me for positions in Africa; God will open those doors if/when the time is right. I continue to think philosophically...I know that the semester I had philosophy was the worst of college....but now it's the way I think....who would have thought??
God continues to show his faithfulness, it is hard sometimes to stay on track and remain accountable while I'm up here. I have been blessed with online friends who either encourage me by sharing my beliefs, or challenging me because we have different beliefs. Though it's difficult...God continues to show me that He loves me more than any man in this world ever could and I need to have faith in all areas of my life---faith as a mustard seed, that will grow and branch out. We need to have a desire to follow, and act upon that desire. Desire can be asking the one we are closest too--our Heavenly Father, "ask and it shall be given unto you"

In the past few months, some of my online friends have challenged me and prompted me to do more research about the relations of religions...what are there similarities, and their differences? What are the fundamental beliefs in these religions? Most of the research has been in regards to Islam and Christianity; I've learned many things and come to understand more of what I believe, and to ground myself firmly. I've also had the chance to think, bounce questions off of, and discuss with my good friend, Abdelghani,who will explain the views he holds and ask about my views. I believe God is doing something with my online interactions, and is using it as a ministry field for myself and others. Sometimes this something...means life lessons that tug on the heart and pull and pull til you wonder what makes you stand. All in all...God is faithful, and "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Not sure that I have any other news for now...Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:-)

Thanks.

Have you ever meet an angel...;

I think i did. Do you.

Your Friend online
abdelghani