Monday, February 19, 2007

Tundra Times

This past week, sped by in a blur, and the weekend flew by even faster. Already nearing the end of February and we are in our 24th week of school...unbelievable.

Contracts came out and I have signed on for another year in the Tundra. Love the job, and feel I am getting to know the ropes and learning new systems for doing things. Next year the position could be a bit different, as we currently have two special education teachers and funding from the district office will only allow for one special education teacher next year. Travis or I may end up with new or additional job duties.

This week, I am in the midst of preparing for my biggest IEP meeting ever....will be a time to learn more and ask questions to people if I don't understand, and spend many hours in the next couple days in paperwork :P I am also working on completing my training for being an Administrator for the Alaska Alternate Assessment, I have had 10-12 hours of polycom (2 way video) classes, and spent about another 5 hours working on training on the internet from home. This week I am giving a practice test, which will be sent to the district office. The people in the district office, sped department, will grade my scoring of the practice test and then I should be a certified tester for Alaska. The actual alternate assessment won't take place until March and into April.

Hopefully..I will be able to get out and go jigging in the near future, maybe once I catch up on homework and school work :)--or maybe I should live life and go before I get that done...if I wait it may never happen ;) The weather has cooled off a bit but was clear and beautiful...today temps were about 0F and -18C; windchills are back between -20 and -30 F.

Verses I'm focusing on this week...."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him."

May your week be peaceful and filled with joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Marie:Do not worry,because of your clever,i think that you must pass the test.