Saturday, March 10, 2007

Here we are nearing the middle of march with about 11 weeks of class left. Where has the year gone?

This past week brought around lots of thoughts (surprise,surprise). Next year my position was to be divided differently as the district office said we only need one Special Education teacher at our site and we have two. The principal was given permission to hire another regular education teacher so that meant the other SpEd. teacher and I would likely be doing half sped and half regular ed. (are there enough hours in the day to do that job?) ;) However this week my colleague told me he will be leaving. Meaning I will be the only SpEd teacher here; at first I was stressed,thinking about next year and the challenges it will bring; it will bring a lot of work and I will learn more about teaching high school special education. However after much thought, I realized...I will have my VERY OWN classroom :) :) This makes me so happy and balances out the fact that I will double my workload.

The weather dipped into the frigid category this week. Regular temps were down to -20 F with windchill readings as low as-45. One day found us with no water in the school as the water was frozen and another day found us with no heat in half of the school. The dentist spent another two weeks camped out in our workroom and he flew out on Thursday.

Our high school girls basketball team is playing in the district tournament in Bethel this week, they flew out on Wednesday, just before windchills dipped below the point when they could fly. So far they remain undefeated; the final championship game will be tonight. Go Lady Blue Jays.

Next week will be culture week and Child Find (looking for kids that haven't entered school, who may have special needs) The following weekend brings around spring break and the end of 3rd quarter and then the last week we have parent teacher conferences again.

Days are getting noticeably longer, and though it's been cold the sun is warm and remains up for nearly 12 hours. I am getting spring fever and ready to be outside doing things. Tonight we will lose an hour of time due to daylight savings.

My verse right now continues to be.."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

Have a blessed weekend.

No comments: