Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring Break

Well...spring break is nearly over. We had last Thursday off for Spring Break (happy 1st day of spring March 21st) and We are given one free day to put into the schedule anywhere we want. So the boss put the free day in on Friday and we had an additional day off :) Was a welcome break, but went by so fast.

On Thursday, Nick and Dana planned to head out for some Manuking (forgive the spelling) otherwise known as jigging/ice fishing. Iain and I joined them. It was so nice to get out of the village for awhile, and the ride out on the river was absolutely amazing, a bit bumpy but so beautiful. If you ever want to visit the tundra let me know ;) Maybe I can get Iain to take you for a ride on the snow go or in the sled. ;) When we got out to the holes, Nick set to work chiseling through the ice that had formed since the previous Sunday. Iain was set up at the first hole and I got the second hole, by the time Nick and Dana started chiseling away at their holes, I had my first fish. (well...my only fish) Had a wonderful time but got way too cold. Came home and my feet were so so cold, as soon as they felt the warm air and started to thaw they hurt like nothing else. Needless to say, in the past two days I've ordered a new winter wardrobe.
Nick chiseling the ice out of the holes so we can fish

Not too much happened on Friday, stayed home did some homework and continued to thaw out my frozen feet. However I did have some excitement...as I was talking to Ehab about 3 am on Saturday morning I walked into my room for something and discovered sewer water pooling under the head of my bed. YUCK!!! The pipes seem to have been frozen for awhile and now...i turned water on to brush teeth and my bedroom flooded. Called the boss yesterday and he came to have a look. He thinks my sewer tanks is frozen as well as the pipe leading to the sewer so we plugged the heater back in, and when the tank thaws the heat should radiate up and thaw the pipe. Pretty much we have to wait until the weather warms up to help thaw things out. Meanwhile, I will use the school for all my water....life in the Tundra. ;)
If I close my eyes will it go away?

Last night I was invited out for supper, I went over to Kat and Iain's for Curry. It was my first time to try it and it was excellent :) Iain is a great cook. For desert Kat made "The Cake"...It was a wonderful evening out and the cousine was superb.
For more pictures you should check out Iain's blog: http://fouldsy.com

No comments: