Saturday, April 21, 2007

Happy Saturday


You may be asking yourself "why did Marie post this random picture?" Well...let me tell you those three things are so tasty and you grow to appreciate them when you go for months without. The speech language pathologist was in Bethel and so Kat and I asked her if she would mind shopping for us and dropping stuff off at the airport to be flown out here. She went to the store and purchased my favorite ice cream :) it was on sale for about $6 for the container. When I opened the box I was pleasantly surprised to find a container of fresh strawberries. Jana is so sweet. After getting groceries she went to subway and got us some sub sandwiches; she then took the box to the airport to ship out. Kat, Iain and I waited expectantly last night for the goodies, and they didn't come; finally Kat called the airline and they said "we decided not to fly to Tunt today" needless to say we were a bit disappointed but the box came just in time for lunch today. It was delivered to my door; free of charge.

Not much is happening here, we continue to work on winding down the year. Staff and students alike are getting more restless by the day. Weather is unpredictable...yesterday we had a hazy foggy morning, a sunny afternoon and early evening and all of a sudden the sun switched to a rainy snow mix.

Arriving home from work on Tuesday I tried to open my door...this is what I found in the entryway...what a disaster!! I turned the microwave on to fix something for supper, and it popped a breaker; guess where the breaker box is??


Inside my house this is what I found. They had the old floor torn out, insulation installed and new plywood down all while I was working... The Boss made sure I knew; no wet shoes, wet dog paws or dirt should be on the plywood or they wouldn't be able to cover it the following day. Rocky went to spend the night with Kat and Iain.And the finished product....isn't it beautiful :) The guys did a great job and what do you know? I can walk wherever I want to walk without fear of dropping through the floor ;) At first Rocky was unsure of what he thought, but has found the slippery floor very conducive for play time.

Well...all the exciting news I have for now...enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a wonderful week.

No comments: