Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What more could a girl want?

A new floor, running water, late night sunsets and almost done with the bulk of paperwork for the year. What more could a girl want??

The past few weeks have been crazy busy and I've been a hermit in the house much of the time. They have brought added stress with a few sticky situations and brought some big smiles in other situations.

The guys spent about four hours all told, unwiring and rewiring my cable and it is up and working better than it has all year. Amidst the sewer mess my boss came to check out the problem, stepped in one of the many soft spots in my floor and said "we have to get this fixed". Based on tundra time I had limited expectations. However two weeks ago he brought somoene in to look at the floor and again on Monday of this week he asked "can I take _____ over to show him your floor?" At 9:00 yesterday morning someone showed up and started tearing up my floor; by 6 pm last night they had reinsulated and had plywood down and by 4:30 today I have a brand new tile floor. I am blessed to have it and they were very efficient in getting it ripped up and a new floor installed.

The most exciting news is that on Sunday of this past week, my water started to work again. No words can begin to express how happy running water made this girl. (I know it's sad)

In 6 short weeks I'll be headed home for the summer, again don't know where this year went. I have 25 work days left, and in 2 weeks will be done with the classes I'm taking.

Our days are getting longer and longer and everyone is getting spring fever. Tonight there was a beautiful sunset around 11 pm and it is fairly bright out by 6 am. I'm looking forward to walks near midnight in a few weeks when it is still broad daylight and everything is peaceful. :)

Have a great week :)

No comments: