Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday :)

Here we are..another friday, another week of school already gone. We will soon be ending our ninth week of classes and be ready for round two of parent teacher conferences.

Oh.. a story..every Wednesday afternoon I bring some of my girls over to bake and cook at my house as part of their class schedule. This week everything was crazy..one of my little ones was showing a lot of siezure activity (about 7 in a half hour) and the girls were playing games and little toy instruments that I have. The one on one aides and I turned our back for a minute...and what do you suppose happens. One of my kids is hidden in my bed..all bedding up over the head. I was like "What??" My bed was made...it should have at least slowed the stinker down. Anywho..if you know me..you know I HATE stuff in my bed..no crumbs/dirt anything...needless to say muddy jeans and socks should never be in my bed. :$ I was stunned, and the one on one aides lectured in Yup'ik. I'm glad I have laundry on Wenesday nights :) Kat got a good laugh.

Todays staff meeting was amusing..Travis talked about his radio station..Greg talked about southern comedy that Travis could broadcast on the radio...everyone was pretty laid back. Kat and I had the giggles..Nick asked what was up and we giggled some more...Frank just looked at us wondering what in the world, and Travis just smiled. In the staff meeting we discussed all the wierd stuff happening in schools these days.....What is this world coming to? The shooting in the Amish school in PA, shooting in CO, shooting in WI, and on the North Slope (AK), some guy came in and whacked the electrician (who was repairing the fire alarm) with a meat clever and then went out in the village and stabbed his uncle's dog to death...YIKES!! We practiced lock down procedure today (something new to me) now we know how the whole process will work and know what needs to be tweaked. Our mix-six volleyball team traveled to another village to play their first game this weekend--kids were pretty excited :)

Tonight the girls high school basketball team held a cakewalk as a fundraiser. I scrambled home from school to whip up a cake, and then Kat and I went and walked at 6. Was fun...and as Kat calculated... the half an hour of entertainment cost us about $20. Greg made the evening entertaining...he danced all around the numbers all around the circle--what happened to the Greg we knew?? (not that we're complaining) :)

This weekend we have snow in the forecast..possibility of snow tonight, and possibility of rain/snow through Monday or Tuesday.

Dana has started selling Creative Memories stuff, we will be having a party at my house on Sunday....Should be a lot of fun :)

Will post some pictures from the cake walk later on.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: