Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Election Day

Today we voted for school board positions and another region postion. The principal encouraged all of us to get out and vote to set an example for the kids; we will wear our "I Voted" stickers tomorrow when we go to school. :)
Rocky remains one of the stinkiest dogs you've ever seen :P He is also a mischievous dog..this morning he chewed up some papers, books, markers, a box of crayons, a pencil sharpener, a video tape, and some of my fun scissors after I left for work. He's a smart dog...wish I had some kind of puzzle to keep him occupied while I'm at work.

What else is new...today is the first day I haven't had a splitting headache :D in the past week and a half..WHO-HOO!! On Sunday I made two batches of blackberry jam using about half of the berries I received for my birthday. The jam is a beautiful red violet color and has a unique flavor.

Kat and I will start teaching a cooking class next Monday after school--we've opened it up to students in grades 3-12 we'll see how much of a response we get....am kinda nervous, don't know how qualified I am to teach a cooking class :)

Weather was rainy again today with a high near 55..my water tank is full again. I almost had to haul from the school. :) We have also been alerted that sewers will not be pumped until further notice as their wagon for pumping has a broken wheel--makes conserving water more of a necessity. It's also nice that we live right next to the school and can dart over there to use the bathroom or shower if need be.
So...I've seen these things around the village but never knew what they were...I've learned that they are where people dump their honey buckets. Honey buckets are what some people use as their toilet..it is pretty much a 5 gal. pail with a toilet seat on it.


The scenery is beautiful--and the sunrises and sunsets are unexplainable--unlike anything I've ever seen in the lower 48.

No comments: