Sunday, October 08, 2006

Snow

Yes that's right...SNOW!! It seems a little early to be having snow but when I woke up this morning the ground had a nice layer of white on it. It has since vanished due to the rain that followed this afternoon. Planes didn't fly today and several teachers (Travis, Josh and Melissa, Martina) are weathered out--couldn't get home.

The creative memories party went well and was a lot of fun--we had 12 people crammed into this little house. :) We survived without water, only one person asked where they could wash their hands. Kat and I improvised and did a quick version of "the cake"--was not quite as good as usual but still pretty tasty.

This is one of "THE CAKE"s that Kat and I made last year. The first time I made this cake I was experimenting....Kat came home and I told her not to look..I thought it was disastrous--she thought it tasted pretty good though so we continue to make it. :) Experiments can have some pretty good outcomes even when they aren't what you were striving for:)

This weekend I received notice that I'm considered highly qualified to teach in Alaska :) Currently there are no special education tests and since I'm also certified to do elementary I'm highly qualified in elementary self contained. Since I'm elementary highly qualified I'm enabled to do special ed pullouts in all academic areas (reading, writing, math). Government is starting to ask special education teachers to be certified/highly qualified in all areas in which they do pullouts. Hmm..I may rethink finishing up my middle and high school sped endorsement. :) Alaska is clamping down on their regulations (or so we've been told). Next semester I will take two classes to maintain my Alaska teaching license..also need to decide if I'll renew my Iowa license. Not sure yet how long I'll stay in Alaska. :)

Happy Monday!

Kat--I still say pirates are overrated--you're just going to have to deal. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks yummy and am watering at the mouth.

Pls send the recipe if u can

Kannan
Bangalore
ckannan27@yahoo.com