Monday, October 09, 2006

More Snow

This morning at 5:00 I awoke to the pitter patter of rain, howling wind and a banging on my porch. Rain has drenched much of the area and costal villages are in danger of flooding. The rain has since turned to snow. Might have to break down and dig out the warm coat. We have 6 staff members that are stuck in Bethel right now. It's nearly impossible to try and find a sub for all of them. Planes aren't flying (which is why people are stuck); meaning mail is at a standstill.

Second snowfall 10/9/06 taken near my house. The little shrubs you see are what the kids know as trees.

Kat and I started our cooking class today. We had a small group, it should be fun. Several of the kids are 7th graders..we'll see if they stick it out. :) NYO (Native Youth Olympics) also started today. Kids are enthusiastic about it...hope the intrest doesn't wane as quickly this year. I think robotics maybe started last weekend if not it will be starting in the very near future.

Taken near my house 10/9/06

I left Rocky inside this morning as he bulked about getting his lazy bones off the couch. I came home this afternoon and he dismantled another pair of my fun scissors and started eating my snowboots. I'm afraid he's entirely too spoiled--and not getting attention from as many people this year as last. :)
Yes Rocky loves to chew...today he's chewing on someone's misplaced pants.

No comments: