Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Random Ramblings

Will try to keep people updated more frequently on the happenings of life in Tunt. and hey...if you get bored you don't have to read them :)

This week has been long and it's only Tuesday..weekends seem to fly by, not quite sure where they go. A lot has happened in the last few weeks...the rain continues and so my tank is still full--it's nice to have such beautiful water to brush teeth, take showers, and even wash dishes with. Between head lice, vomiting kids, pee on the floor and possible pink eye I sometimes wonder why I signed up for this gig. I jokes...I love my job and the kids and staff I have the opportunity to work with. I received one of the biggest compliments yesterday as I was cleaning up the floor.."did__pee on the floor?.....makes me almost want to be a special ed. teacher" Being a Sp Ed teacher (or any teacher) definitely has it's challenges and can be so overwhelming at times but the rewards are so incredible and sometimes come from out of no where. I have learned a lot in the past year, and still have so much to learn...wonder what I'll think when I look back on these first few years ten years from now...

This afternoon I received a phone call..wondering if my dog was in as they were out shooting again. I was thankful I left Rocky in the house today--as we were still on the phone I looked out my classroom window to see two people walking around with rifles. Rocky hates being tied up so I sometimes let him loose, but am concerned he'll be shot--he is not on the best of terms with the VPO.


Enjoy some MN scenery--this was taken while overlooking one of my dad's rye fields
(needed to add some kind of color to this drab page. :) --will get more AK pics soon)


Today found me doing detention duty..I had a classroom of kids, I'm not sure if detention is for the teacher or for the students :)--Boy was it BORING!!--I think it's great to have a detention system in place, and am thankful we only have to do it about once every two and a half weeks. I sent someone to the principals office for the first time this year today, my student was very remorseful and I felt bad about it for awhile. I've some problems with swearing this year from one particular student...as bad as it sounds sometimes I have a hard time not smiling or laughing because of the way the words are said, and sometimes she is so sneaky she just laughs after swearing. I'm not quite sure how to eliminate it--ignoring doesn't help and it's not accecptable language for school....any suggestions??

Kat and I just returned from a nice walk....it's nice to get out of the house after being cooped up with all the rain. I was starting to get cabin fever. :) Hours of daylight have diminished greatly in the short time I've been up here. This morning at 8 the sun was starting to peek out and now at 9:30 it's dusky.

My big investment of the week/birthday present to myself (kinda selfish I know) :) Is an ipod and speakers. The speakers have arrived and the ipod left Anchorage so it should be here any day...can't wait to play with it.

Travis continues to make revisions to his radio and his playlist..he got a bunch of new music in the mail today, has started reading the Monday news, and today had people in the school record little bloops saying...FM100. It is fun to watch him and see how excited he is with the whole thing. :)
well...I'd best go find my sinks, my girls will be coming over tomorrow and they love washing dishes, last week they discovered the spraying hose and thought it great fun. :)

Congratulations Kristen and Sudhir--The wedding pics I have seen are beautiful.

No comments: