Saturday, September 16, 2006

Tundra Times

BANG, BANG, BANG! the sound resonated through my little abode. What in the world is going on? I was in the middle of trying to take a nap; what is all the racket? Then I hear "What are you doing?" "What?" "Where are you?" "Under the house?" I decided I needed to do some investigating...I went out on my porch in time to see Nick carrying some boards. Mr. Handyman to the rescue again. Yet again my cable wasn't working, courtesy of the dogs running under the house, Nick wired the cable back together and surrounded it with boards so it is impossible to pull loose. After nearly three weeks I'm able to watch tv again.

We have had a plethora of dogs running through the area lately. One of them bit Rocky's face a few days' ago and snapped at me. They come up on my steps and camp out, have decided it's the honeymoon suite and when the opportunity arises they like to sneak into the house. Nick built a gate at the top of my steps so that I can keep 2 legged and 4 legged creatures out; giving Rocky some extra space and freedom. The 2 legged creatures now have a new game, how can we climb over the gate onto the porch and how noisy can we be. It's kind of amusing to watch them. The novelty of the gate will soon wear off. Yesterday after complaints from people within the school the VPSO and his help, captured and eliminated some of the dogs who had been a problem outside the school.


Rocky

Today I survived the monotony of a Special Ed inservice via the polycom..Travis and I were camped out in the school library all day, watching this and that. Our aides (angels) joined us this afternoon for training and they have three more hours in the morning; I think I'm going to make a nice breakfast to take up to them since they have to sit there.

The high of my day would have to be that it is Friday and that it is pay day. Rent this year is lower than I expected and I have more sick days/personal days than I anticipated. Kat and I may travel to Juneau over Thanksgiving break too bad we can't extend a holiday with our personal days :)

What are blankets for??

Rocky has been such a good little trooper, he isn't fond of being home by himself all day, but is doing very well. He has become very needy, at night when I come home he crashes right next to the couch or next to me on the floor, and whines if he's not receiving constant attention. When I'm in the kitchen he follows me all around.

The best discovery of the week is pandora.com you can search for music that you like and it pulls from artists with similar styles, the music is continuous, with no commercials and it doesn't have to stop every two minutes to buffer.

Weather has been moderately warm, and we have had a steady supply of rain. My water tank is full to the brim, I'm very thankful. The tundra continues to look more and more like fall...with hues of brown and yellow. Commercial fishing has ended and we are at the end of the blackberry season, red berries are starting to appear.

Need to sign off, am going to make a birthday present for my SpEd associate teacher...the sped staff is well represented with birthdays in the first month of school :)

Have a relaxing weekend.

No comments: